1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup peanut halves
1/4 cup green candy sprinkles
60 3-inch pieces red shoestring licorice
- In a large bowl combine butter and peanut butter; beat until creamy. Add brown and white sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla extract and baking soda until well blended. With mixer on low, mix in flour just until blended. Cover and chill for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Shape 1 level tablespoon of dough into 1 inch balls. Taper each ball at one end into a teardrop shape. Press flat on one side. Place flat sides down, 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Press the sides of the dough in to raise the ‘backs’ of the mice, as dough will spread slightly during baking.
- Gently push 2 peanut halves in each ‘mouse’ for ears, and 2 pieces of green candy for eyes. With a toothpick make a hole 1/2 inch deep in the tail ends.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and insert licorice pieces as tails.
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 10 min
Ready: 1 hr 40 min
An otherworldly, evil and dangerous force infests America’s oldest and most haunted city, St. Augustine, Florida. Everyone living there, or visiting, is at risk in ways too horrible to imagine.
Standing between this invader and the people of St. Augustine are teenagers Jeff and Carla, the mysterious Native American shaman, Lobo, and Lyle, the homeless guy.
In their quest to save themselves and all the inhabitants of this ancient, Florida city, Jeff and Carla uncover lost parts of St. Augustine history, push past the limits of space and time, and encounter what they come to realize are the true walking dead.
Click here: Enter the 12 Days of Christmas Hop Giveaway
For more Christmas Cookie Recipes & Giveaways – Hop along the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!