Grades 7-12 teachers are increasingly expressing interest in the classroom use of The St. Augustine Trilogy. Set in America’s oldest and most haunted city, books in this series are quickly proving very motivational and easily adaptable to excellent language arts skill development. See links below for further information.
Books I and II, Sliding Beneath the Surface and Stepping Off a Cliff are already published and Book III, Targeting Orion’s Children, will be available in late 2017.
1) Discuss the use of these books with students (The author has had extensive 7-12 classroom experience)
2) Obtain class sets of Book I or Book II (Ingram Content Group distributors)
3) Obtain free photo disks that contain
- A wide variety of pictures of St. Augustine locations mentioned in the books
- Character photos
- Trilogy graphics and book covers
- Physical items mentioned in the books
- Action and reenacted events relating to St. Augustine’s history
4)Full (free) teacher’s guides for books I and II. The one below is abbreviated.
5) Have Doug visit your school
Here are some more links related to The St. Augustine Trilogy: